commons-user mailing list archives

From "Oscar Usifer" <oscaru...@programmer.net>
Subject Re: [FTPClient] How to set connect timeout
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 18:03:40 GMT
Folks,

Discovered a use for the FAQ topic "Q: How can I set a connection timeout?", and searching
found rwinston's commons-net-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT provides the SocketClient.setConnectTimeout as
desired. Perhaps I should update the FAQ wiki?

Thanks,
OSCAR

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oscar Usifer"
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: [FTPClient] How to set connect timeout
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:27:54 -0500

Folks, Is there a variable or function I can use to set the FTP
connection time out prior to calls of FTPClient connect ? My situation is
that I may be attempting to connect to an FTP server that is
down/offline, and I'd like the program to abort within 100ms if that's
the case. Thanks,OSCAR

--
We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com!

We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com!