commons-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FileUpload : Strange behaviour uploading files from internet (works great from intranet)
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 02:34:11 GMT
On 7/23/07, Moisei, Constantin <moisei@biworldwide.com> wrote:

> Hello Commons-Users!
>
> I have some questions about the fileupload. I'm using with tomcat
> (5.5.12) and common-fileupload (1.2) and I have this multi-upload
> screen(ajax+java) that works great from my intranet but when testing it
> from outside is not. I observed the following:
>
> 1. when I initiate an upload, it seems that the whole upload happens as
> a result of the form post instead of being progressively. I test from a
> place that has a proxy and my tomcat instance is fronted by an apache
> that handles the static content (coupled with mod_jk). What's really
> happening. Shouldn't the upload happen progressively via the proxy ? Is
> the file firstly uploaded to the proxy and from there to my site as one
> chunk ? Why this is not happening from my local box. I had other people
> complaining about this as well so it's not only my location. From my
> intranet works as it should - flawless.

How it behaves through a proxy depends entirely on the proxy. If it's a
scanning proxy, then it almost certainly collects up the entire request, so
that it can be scanned in its entirety, before passing it on to the target
server.

2.If I initiate two concurrent uploads only the last one prevails and I
> get always an exception on the first one... This also works just fine
> from my local intranet. I assume both are related with each other.

This could be the proxy too, depending on the nature of the proxy, but in
this case it sounds like the proxy might be buggy.

--
Martin Cooper

2007-07-23 11:53:27,358 [TP-Processor11]: ERROR