commons-user mailing list archives

From "Zhijuan Mao" <zhij...@gmail.com>
Subject [commons-vfs] issues in ftp
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:35:17 GMT
Hi,
I would like some help in gettting my VFS work for ftp protocol.

I was simply doing a "resolveFile" in my code when the exception happened:
String path = "ftp://username:password@myftpserver.com/myfile";
FileObject sourceFile = VFS.getManager().resolveFile(path);

The exception message is:
Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Unknown message
with code "Unknown message with code "Unknown message with code
"Unknown message with code "Cannot assign requested address".".".".
at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.ftp.FtpFileObject.refresh(FtpFileObject.java:216)
at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileSystem.resolveFile(AbstractFileSystem.java:319)
at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileSystem.resolveFile(AbstractFileSystem.java:267)
at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.findFile(AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.java:88)
at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.findFile(AbstractOriginatingFileProvider.java:62)
at org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.DefaultFileSystemManager.resolveFile(DefaultFileSystemManager.java:641)
at org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.DefaultFileSystemManager.resolveFile(DefaultFileSystemManager.java:582)
... 10 more

However, the same piece of code works well for smb, sftp and local file system.

Thanks a lot for your great help!

Joanne