commons-user mailing list archives

From Vernon <vsingle...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: dbcp HSQL issue
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 02:00:52 GMT
On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 21:53 -0700, Phil Steitz wrote:
> Looks like you have the pool configured to validate objects when they
> are borrowed (testOnBorrow = true) and the validation is failing.
> This appears to be configured in the setupConnectionPool method here:
> http://jamwiki.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jamwiki/wiki/trunk/src/java/org/jamwiki/db/DatabaseConnection.java?revision=1489&view=markup
> Most likely the validation query is incorrect or failing to return at
> least one row.

Ryan says, "It's likely that it's failing to return a row, but that
would probably be due to a setup problem of some sort. Again, I'm
suspicious of the security implementation and suspect that some
permission needs to be enabled, but I'm at a loss to say what permission
is needed."

He suspects that the catalina.policy file may need some magic added to
it to make this "security" issue go away, but we do not know how to
figure out the magic catalina incantation.

So we think that the problem is indeed that it is failing to return at
least one row, but we do not know why.  Could anyone help us figure out
why?  Does anyone have any advice about how to troubleshoot this issue?

More details about this issue can be found at:
http://jamwiki.org/wiki/en/Feedback#MORE_INSTALL_PROBLEMS