commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Querying if an event would cause a transition
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:54:48 GMT
On 6/28/07, Nestor Urquiza <nestoru@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not to mention that some custom actions could have to be evaluated before knowing which
transition will apply.

> It might mean that some side effects could come into scene, and if they do  the "introspection
mode" cannot be used.

<snip/>

Actions aren't executed unless a transition is actually followed, so
we should be OK there. However, the guard conditions on candidate
transitions would need to be evaluated, and they would need to be
side-effect free (as they should be).

In other words, the act of identifying which transition(s) should be
followed is idempotent.

-Rahul