commons-user mailing list archives

From Dave Westerman <dlwes...@comcast.net>
Subject [commons-configuration] Variable Syntax Conflict
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 21:37:02 GMT
I am using the commons-configuration for my property files. However,
unfortunately, I have a need to have a value in some of my properties
that look exactly like the variables that commons-config uses.

myproperty=${myNonCommonsConfigVariable}

I've tried to escape it thus:

myproperty=\${myNonCommonsConfigVariable}
myproperty=\\${myNonCommonsConfigVariable}
myproperty=$${myNonCommonsConfigVariable}

but all to no avail.

Is there any way for me to get around this conflict? Can I change the
delimiter that commons-config uses (I've looked at all the classes,
there doesn't seem to be a way)?

The error I'm getting is this:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: infinite loop in property interpolation
of
${DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH}/db2jcc.jar,${DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH}/db2jcc_license_cu.jar,${DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH}/db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar:

DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH->DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH