commons-user mailing list archives

From Jouni Aro <>
Subject Betwixt: Converting dates into/from custom string format - how?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 09:35:27 GMT

I have been trying to figure out how to customize Betwixt to read and
write dates in a custom format. It seems to read the value in correctly
to a GregorianCalendar object, but then it outputs it as a struct.

In the XML, the date is and must be in the following sample format:

I have tried to define a Date property and customize the conversion in
beanReader.getBindingConfiguration().setObjectStringConverter, but my
skills do not seem to be enough for this.  Neither did I manage to read
it into a GregorianCalendar, but write that in a single element.

The property in the object may be in any date type.

Any advise how this should be done?

Jouni Aro

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: