commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Event types
Date Sun, 27 May 2007 15:00:51 GMT
On 5/25/07, Nestor Urquiza <nestoru@yahoo.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> Though not all those interactions are (or should be) onentry/exit
> executable content.
> </snip>
> I have to dissagree here. Using SCXML as a controller of a web application means that
*all* business rules should be inserted where executable content is allowed. Putting business
rules in java code for example would mean to break the MVC design IMO and I think you will
agree.

<snip/>

Bits like <invoke>, are also "executable content", but the semantics
are decoupled from the mechanics of state transitions.

> <snip>
> I'm not even sure event priority is what you are looking for, since it
> might not change the way executable content is dealt with.
> </snip>
> Well, I am looking at priority as a way to stop execution of normal logic (if statements)
if an Exceptional situation occurs.

<snap/>

Discussions on priority are useful in event queues (prior to the point
any event is being processed by the engine). In processing events, the
state machine uses one or more events (immutable set) in every "step"
(and any derived events get added to the front of the queue).

-Rahul