commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Event types
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 19:52:33 GMT
On 5/25/07, Nestor Urquiza <nestoru@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> IMHO in order to use SCXML as a WEB Controller I would say non atomic and side effect
activities should be allowed within onEntry and onEntry events. This might be violating the
whole Harel State theory ... I really do not knoiw ... but from a protocol perspective states
are most likely related to results of interactions between the two peers and those interactions
will have side effects for the state machine execution which I understand I can accomplish
using scxml "if" statements of course but definitely an exception handling mechanism would
be handy.

<snip/>

Though not all those interactions are (or should be) onentry/exit
executable content.

> I understand there is a solution to make activities atomic operations and so create pseudostates
or multiple states but that option complicates maintanance and reuse of code for a WEB domain.

> For the main domain SCXML was created, I mean VXML it can be not that difficult to manage
the whole application with thousand states. For a WEB application though the path would be
extremely hard and will start giving more issues that advantages over other MVC solutions.

<snap/>

I think the SCXML will (and has already, to a certain extent) grown
beyond its legacy to be truly generic at this point.

> As said before I am managing the logic using if statements. It would be great to have
an event priority solution that will allow the logical execution to be stopped when an abnormal
situation occurs.

<snip/>

I'm not even sure event priority is what you are looking for, since it
might not change the way executable content is dealt with.

-Rahul

> Thanks a lot!!!
>
> Regards,
>
> -Nestor