commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Event types
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 19:52:33 GMT
On 5/25/07, Nestor Urquiza <> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
> IMHO in order to use SCXML as a WEB Controller I would say non atomic and side effect
activities should be allowed within onEntry and onEntry events. This might be violating the
whole Harel State theory ... I really do not knoiw ... but from a protocol perspective states
are most likely related to results of interactions between the two peers and those interactions
will have side effects for the state machine execution which I understand I can accomplish
using scxml "if" statements of course but definitely an exception handling mechanism would
be handy.

Though not all those interactions are (or should be) onentry/exit
executable content.

> I understand there is a solution to make activities atomic operations and so create pseudostates
or multiple states but that option complicates maintanance and reuse of code for a WEB domain.
> For the main domain SCXML was created, I mean VXML it can be not that difficult to manage
the whole application with thousand states. For a WEB application though the path would be
extremely hard and will start giving more issues that advantages over other MVC solutions.

I think the SCXML will (and has already, to a certain extent) grown
beyond its legacy to be truly generic at this point.

> As said before I am managing the logic using if statements. It would be great to have
an event priority solution that will allow the logical execution to be stopped when an abnormal
situation occurs.

I'm not even sure event priority is what you are looking for, since it
might not change the way executable content is dealt with.

> Thanks a lot!!!
> Regards,
> -Nestor

To unsubscribe, e-mail: