commons-user mailing list archives

From Yau Lawrence <Lawrence....@nc3a.nato.int>
Subject RE: [SCXML] obtaining the previous state from the current onentry
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 17:27:34 GMT
Nestor,
A few thoughts:

* Can this be elegantly solved by using the history pseudo state? :)

* If there aren't *many* potential previous states, you could create substates within the
current state which represent each of the previous states, then move your transitions to the
respective substates.  You wouldn't need the conditions anymore.

Maybe the easiest for you:
* Each of your previous states could place their state id in the datamodel during onExit.
 Then compare using that datamodel value as "previousState" in your example.

Hope this helps,
Lawrence

-----Original Message-----
From: Nestor Urquiza [mailto:nestoru@yahoo.com]
Sent: 22 May 2007 18:54
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: [SCXML] obtaining the previous state from the current onentry

Hi guys,

I am facing a reuse problem that I could resolve if I can get the previous state. basically
while executing logic within the current state onentry section I need to go based on the previous
state to a next one.

<n:transition cond="previousState eq 'IDLE'" target="IDLE"/> <n:transition cond="previousState
eq 'PS'" target="US"/>

Thanks,

-Nestor