commons-user mailing list archives

From Niall Gallagher <niall.gallag...@voxsurf.com>
Subject Re: DBCP connection pool problem
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 16:58:05 GMT
Hi,

Yep, the issue we were seeing was caused when the eviction time was too
low, this needs to be kept higher than a couple of seconds (I would
recomend 30). This causes problems in two scenarios:

1) When starting up the min idle was created twice
2) When eviction took place the evictor evicted idle connections then
forced the pool back up to min idle which caused a cycle of connections
to be created

Also, we noticed a slight bug in our code which made the problem worse.
We created too many DataSource objects due to a slight synchronization
bug. This caused us to create several data sources, all of which had a
configured eviction time of about 500 ms, this caused many
evictions/creations every second and thats what caused our problem

Niall