commons-user mailing list archives

From Luca Picello <>
Subject How can I stop Betwixt writing out empty elements?
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 10:29:37 GMT
from FAQ:

How can I stop Betwixt writing out empty elements?
    An empty element (for this discussion) is one which has no
    attributes and no child elements which are not empty. If you want to
    stop Betwixt writing out empty elements, then call:

    (before writing your bean).

I verified that writing an empty property the key is not written but
writing an empty List Betwixt write the list with no elements.

public class VARIABLE {
  private ArrayList VARIABLES;
  public ArrayList getVARIABLES() {
    return VARIABLES;

  public void setVARIABLES(ArrayList VARIABLES) {

with VARIABLES = null the output XML is:

why can't betwixt go over?
Thank you very much for your reply in advance.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message