commons-user mailing list archives

From Ranjan Kumar Baisak <rbai...@nyc.yamaha.com>
Subject Re: Reusing connection pool
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 16:30:02 GMT
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. There are simple way to achieve the
same result as your have suggested e.g. may be implementing
preProcess/init/destroy method of struts RequestProcessor.
However as I have mentioned earlier it is some how *NOT WORKING*.
May be there are some advanced configuration setting needed in DBCP to
fix this. ANybody more familiar with DBCP can throw some idea.

Somebody suggested me to use autoReconnect=true in url pattern of DBCP
configuration and I also tried that still connections are getting
increased in DB server.
This is more related to recycling all unused db connection or closing
all unused db connections.
Something like connection pool should try to get all unused db
connections and reuse them before requesting for a fresh db connection
to db server, and if there are no unused connections then pool should
request for new db connections which is not happening in my case. Each
time I redeploy, pool makes a fresh db connection with server.

- R