commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [Configuration]: Escaping list delimiter
Date Sun, 20 May 2007 20:30:10 GMT
uma_rk@comcast.net wrote:
> applicable for instances of AbstractFileConfiguration alone correct?).
>
> Also, setDelimiterParsingDisabled(true) causes PropertiesConfiguration.save(Writer)
> to escape every delimiter in the file. Yet, when I read the properties back,
> the delimiters are not escaped (they are parsed).
>
> I am stuck either way - it won't parse delimiters properly (ignores escapes) when
> delimiter parsing is enabled and it won't let me handle delimiters myself
> by disabling delimiter parsing.
>
> I am at my wit's end and would appreciate any advice from anyone who has
> gotten this working.
>
> Regards,
>
> /U

Without having concrete code samples it is hard to guess what is going
wrong. It is correct that setDelimiterParsingDisabled() has to be called
before the configuration is loaded.

With the escaping of the delimiter character there was a bug in
Configuration 1.4, which has been fixed recently [1]. Maybe this fix
solves your problem?

Oliver

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-268?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel