commons-user mailing list archives

From Colin Eberhardt <>
Subject [Configuration] Beans with Collection relationships
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 15:16:49 GMT

I am just starting out with using the commons configuration framework,
and it seems to fulfill most of my needs. I am currently using it to
populate JavaBeans from XML files. However, I have not worked out how to
construct beans with collection relationship. The example given in the
docs is as follows:

    <windowManager config-class=""
      closable="false" resizable="true" defaultWidth="400"
      <styleDefinition config-class=""
        backColor="#ffffff" foreColor="0080ff" iconName="myicon" />

What if the DefaultWindowManager class contained a collection of
WindowStyleDefinition classes? Can the commons configuration populate
such a bean?

If so, what is the format of the XML in this case?

Many Thanks,
Colin E.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: