commons-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Wheeler" <Wheele...@ldschurch.org>
Subject FileUpload Issue
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 20:22:01 GMT
I am using the file upload component as follows:

<t:inputFileUpload rendered="#{attachment == null}" storage="file"
validator="#{submittedDetailBean.validateUploadedFile}"
valueChangeListener="#{submittedDetailBean.addUploadedFile}" immediate="true"/>

In my validator, I check the file size, and if it is 0, I display an error to
the user saying that they entered an invalid file path, but this does not work
all of the time.

1.If the user clicks the Browse button, selects a file (clicks Open on the
browse dialog), and then changes the path to an invalid path, the validator is
called, and the size is 0, and everything works correctly.

2.If the user just types an invalid path into the component however, and
submits the page, the validator does not seem to be called.

I have been stepping through FileUploadBase, and have not been able to see a
difference.  So, I was just wondering if there is a good way to handle the
second situation?

Thanks,

Matt W.

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email