commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: getProperty method for XMLConfiguration - Bug?
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 19:16:19 GMT
DECOKER, Lydie (Lydie) wrote:
> Should not the getProperty works with one or more elements?
>
> Lydie

getProperty() simply returns the raw value of the queried property
without doing any conversion. If the property has multiple values, a
collection with all these values is returned; if there is only one
value, this single value object will be the result.

So your condition if(prop instanceof Collection) won't work in this
case. getList() however will always return a list. If there is only a
single value, a list with one element will be created.

HTH
Oliver