commons-user mailing list archives

From daune...@daune-consult.com
Subject Re: [Configuration] J2EE file mapping
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 07:12:26 GMT
Quoting Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de>:

> daune.jf@daune-consult.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to use DefaultConfigurationBuilder in a servlet, but
>> it cannot properly handle a property file, as <properties/> only
>> has 'fileName' tag.
>>
>> There is no way to pass it a URL instead.
>>
>> Any idea about this?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> J-F
>>

> The fileName attribute should also accept full path names and URLs. The
> internal mechanism for locating configuration files checks for all
> these possibilities.
>
> BTW: the attributes are directly mapped to properties (i.e. setXXX
> methods) of the configuration classes to be created. So you could also
> use other properties available in PropertiesConfiguration or its base
> classes.
>
> Oliver

This is not what I observe. And this is not what I read from code.

By debugging, I see that ConfigurationUtils.locate(String, String) is
called with the builder config file as base resource (from
AbstractFileConfiguration).

So, if the builder config file is 'config.xml', and that file contains
<properties fileName="jndi:/bla bla bla"/>, ConfigurationUtils
attempts to concatenate 'config.xml' and 'jndi:/bla bla bla', ending
up with malformed URL.

The attribute 'fileName' is really for files.

The attribute 'url' does not work. It must be 'URL' in uppercase. Not
easy to find out, especially with UltraEdit automatically rlling back
to lowercase.

J-F