commons-user mailing list archives

From Nestor Urquiza <nest...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] obtaining the previous state from the current onentry
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 02:45:08 GMT
Thanks Lawrence,

Actually the last of your statements was the logic path to follow and I am just inserting
the previous state id within the root context to test it later in my transitions. To be honest
for my specific domain (SCXML as WEB Controller in an MVC architecture) seems to be fair enough.

Regards,

-Nestor

----- Original Message ----
From: Yau Lawrence <Lawrence.Yau@nc3a.nato.int>
To: Jakarta Commons Users List <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 1:27:34 PM
Subject: RE: [SCXML] obtaining the previous state from the current onentry

Nestor,
A few thoughts:

* Can this be elegantly solved by using the history pseudo state? :)

* If there aren't *many* potential previous states, you could create substates within the
current state which represent each of the previous states, then move your transitions to the
respective substates.  You wouldn't need the conditions anymore.

Maybe the easiest for you:
* Each of your previous states could place their state id in the datamodel during onExit.
 Then compare using that datamodel value as "previousState" in your example.

Hope this helps,
Lawrence