commons-user mailing list archives

From schmod54 <abraham.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject HttpClient connection limits
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2007 09:02:34 GMT

Hello.  We have a single HttpClient using a
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.  We make a lot of requests to a single
host using this HttpClient.  It mostly works fine, except the host that we
connect to doesn't like it after we make a lot of requests using the same
HttpConnection.  We don't want to open and close a connection for every
request because we figure that it would adversely impact performance.  What
we would like to do is easily set the maximum number of requests for a given
connection, or set the maximum length of time that a given connection is
kept alive.  Any ideas on how to do this?  Thanks!