commons-user mailing list archives

From "Billy Bacon" <billy.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject [Net] 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 16:53:24 GMT
Sorry for the duplicate posts to those of you that have received this
several times. I didn't adhere to the naming conventions in the subject line
which someone on this list was kind enough to point out.

Can someone tell me if they see any obvious issues with this method. The
file is never uploaded to the server and after checking the reply
string/code, I'm getting a 500 command unrecognized.

<code>
public boolean put(String localFilename) {
    try {
        FTPClient client = new FTPClient();
        client.connect("10.4.1.100");
        client.enterLocalPassiveMode();
        client.setFileType(FTPClient.BINARY_FILE_TYPE);
        client.login("un", "pw");

        client.storeUniqueFile(filename, local); // Returns a status code
500 (command unrecognized)

    } catch(SocketException sc) {
        sc.printStackTrace();
    } catch(IOException io) {