commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: Using Reloadable properties
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:44:35 GMT
Sharma, Rohit wrote:
> I am trying to use the Configuration Factory to load my properties.
>
> I need to designate a few property files within the configuration as
> reloadable.
>
> But, when I try to use the following form of Configuration, the files
> are not marked Reloadable.
>
> I find the reloading strategy for the files to be marked as
> InvariantReloadingStrategy.
>

> Sample Config file
>
> <-
> <file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\ROHSHARMlocal\Local%20Settings\Te
> mporary%20Internet%20Files\OLK4\commons_mc.xml##>  <configuration>
>
> <  <system />
>
> -
> <file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\ROHSHARMlocal\Local%20Settings\Te
> mporary%20Internet%20Files\OLK4\commons_mc.xml##>  <!--
>
>       property file list
>

>   -->
>
>   <  properties fileName="test1_reloadable.properties"
> reloadable="true"/>
>
>   </configuration>
>

> Any suggestions?

> Rohit Sharma / Capgemini / Dallas
> Consultant
>
> Mobile: +1 213-291-4417 / www.capgemini.com
>
> Join the Collaborative Business Experience

ConfigurationFactory does not support specifying reloading strategies.
You have to use DefaultConfigurationBuilder instead. Details can be
found in the user guide [1]. There is also an example of defining a
reloading strategy.

Oliver

[1]
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/howto_configurationbuilder.html#Using_DefaultConfigurationBuilder