commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: Commons Configuration Evaluation
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2007 17:52:29 GMT
Thomas J. Buhr wrote:
> Commons Configuration,
>
> Recently I came across the configuration package after having been
> excited about the configuration system in the InfoNode Docking system
> available at http://www.infonode.net
>
> InfoNode has a powerful properties system which is part of their docking
> system, is anyone familiar with it? It creates large composite
> configurations with overrides which is something I would be interested
> in doing with Commons Configuration if possible.
>
> After having spent more time looking into Commons Configuration I'm
> thinking that it may be a even better solution. The one thing missing is
> example code that runs. The tutorial covers a lot of scenarios but it is
> very difficult to find any samples that use Commons Configuration.
> Having samples that go along with the tutorial would help me evaluate
> and make the switch a lot faster.
>
> Are the tutorial samples available some where?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Thom

Yes, the samples used in the user guide are only code fragments. There
are no complete example programs in the official distribution.

Maybe the unit tests can be of interest for you? Some of them work on
data similar to the examples of the user guide (e.g. the database table
definition example). You can find the unit tests if you download the
source distribution. They are under src/test. The example configuration
files processed by the tests are below the conf directory.

HTH
Oliver