commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: bug in Betwixt XMLIntrospector.findByXMLDescriptor() ?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 18:47:35 GMT
.betwixt files are bound the the classpath. You can add the .betwixt file to another tree,
but in
the classpath they need to be in the same package.
Another option may be the code you used to fix it and maybe generalizing to make it easier
to override.

Word of warming : I myself don't have a lot of time to dig into this, so patches are welcome.
You
can at least file an issue / enhancement so we can create an extra interface.

Mvgr,
Martin

Philip Chang wrote:
> Martin,Thanks for your answer...But what if I need to put the betwixt file in a separate
folder (i.e. a "properties" folder) that is also defined in the CLASSPATH?Right now there
is no flexibility - the betwixt and class files have to reside in the same folder.Thanks,Philip>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 19:51:43 +0200> From: mllist@mvdb.net> To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Re: bug in Betwixt XMLIntrospector.findByXMLDescriptor() ?> > Put the betwixt
file in the same package as the class.> > Mvgr,> Martin> > Philip Chang wrote:>
> When I call    beanWriter.write( myClass );Betwixt is not able to find my file on Windows
XP    "c:\MyFolder\MyClass.betwixt"even though I have added "c:\MyFolder" to the CLASSPATH.
 When I change the code in XMLIntrospector.findByXMLDescriptor(), line 1216 from    URL url
= aClass.getResource( name );to the following    URL url = aClass.getResource( "/" + name
);then everything worked and Betwixt found my file    "c:\MyFolder\MyClass.betwi
xt"What should I do to fix this?  1. Should I create my own    My_XMLIntrospector.findByXMLDescriptor()
  2. Should I move "MyClass.betwixt" to another folder?  Which folder?Thanks,Philip> >