commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] Bug?
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 19:30:46 GMT
(Please prefix your mails with the name of the affected component.)

see below

Jason Nichols wrote:
> I think I have found a bug with XMLConfiguration.  When I run the
> following test with the following xml the second assertEquals statement
> fails:
>
> XML:
> <test>
> <a name="X">ABC</a>
> <a name="Y">1,2,3</a>
> </test
>
> TEST:
> public void testXMLConfig() throws Exception {
>   File file = new File("/xml/xmlConfigTest.xml");
>
>   XMLConfiguration xmlConfig = new XMLConfiguration(file);
>   xmlConfig.load();
>
>   assertEquals("X",xmlConfig.getProperty("a(0)[@name]"));
>   assertEquals("Y",xmlConfig.getProperty("a(1)[@name]"));
> }
>
> Anyone see this issue before?  I couldn't find it in jira.

I think you have indeed found a bug. The problem here is that the 2nd
<a> element is treated as a list element with the three values 1, 2, and
3. Obviously for such constellations the attributes get lost.

If you change the value of this element to a text that does not contain
the delimiter character (','), the assert passes.

Could you please open a bug report in jira for this problem?

Thanks
Oliver