commons-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Poulard <Philippe.Poul...@sophia.inria.fr>
Subject Re: [vfs] vfs-sandbox jar 's vfs-providers.xml gets auto-loaded even when manually configuring
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 13:25:22 GMT
Kostis Anagnostopoulos wrote:
>>         StandardFileSystemManager fsm = new StandardFileSystemManager();
>>         fsm.setConfiguration( YourClass.class.getResource(
>>"my-providers-only.xml" ) );
>>         fsm.init();
>>         String dir = System.getProperty( "user.dir" );
>>         fsm.setBaseFile( new File( dir ) );
>>         fsm.setDefaultProvider( new FallbackFileProvider() );
>

> Thank you Philippe for your time,
>
> I was already using the correct configuration procedure, and not:
>    StandardFileSystemManager fsm = (StandardFileSystemManager)
> VFS.getManager();
>
> I cannot see the reason for the last 3 lines concerning the defaultProvider.

FallbackFileProvider() is a provider of my implementation that accepts
any other non-recognized scheme ; this is important for my application
as I often need to use URIs without necessary accessing the underlying
resource ; the default behaviour of VFS is to fail

you can browse the source of RefleX if you want more details
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/

> I solved my problem, see the response to  Mario Ivankovits's mail, thank you
> anyway.
>

> But i really need to disable the temporary file store, since im'm running
> under a clustered JEE application server and it is not a good habbit to use
> the filesystem.
>
> Any ideas on how t disable temporary file store?

if you talk about the scheme "tmp", just remove it from your own conf file

if you talk about /tmp, i don't know
it seems like you need a file system which is rooted in some directories
of the underlying real file system, and from which you can't escape ; I
thought VFS was supporting that

--
Cordialement,

               ///