commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rory Winston" <rwins...@eircom.net>
Subject Re: [net] FTPClient.listFiles stalls...
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 08:23:21 GMT
Thanks Gert.

Actually the setReaderThread() method (and some others) were explicitly removed as I made
changes to the class hierarchy of FTPClient. Previously it inherited from TelnetClient, and
as such, had to inherit  some problematic threading code that came with that. However in 2.0,
it now inherits directly from SocketClient, so calls like setReaderThread() are now redundant.
This seems to have fixed a variety of threading issues, however I believe there are still
some (possibly unrelated) issues that may be out there. One of them seems explicitly connected
to Linux (and maybe Red hat Enterprise in particular). I have heard off-list from someone
who has had hanging issues with IIS 6.0/Linux kernel 2.6.x, but no issues with kernel 2.4.x.

Thanks
Rory