commons-user mailing list archives

From Kostis Anagnostopoulos <ankos...@gmail.com>
Subject [vfs] Replace commons-logging with SLF4J
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 12:04:52 GMT
Hi to all developers of the Commons-VFS,

Yesterday, when i was trying ot upgrade my EJB's VFS dependency to the latest
1.0 version i obviously forgot some m2 dependencies regarding the
commons-logging, and the net result was that the (hopfully) development
WebLogic application server's JVM crashed!

By googling i found that Apache commons-logging has been known to cause such
problems.

See thid blog for JCL
woes:http://blog.organicelement.com/2006/12/21/commons-logging-classloader-woes/

Do you think it would be possible to have VFS library to use SLF4J instead?
(http://www.slf4j.org/)

I would be more than willing to do the port, if that gets decided.

Regards,
  Kostis