commons-user mailing list archives

From "Artamonov, Juri" <jartamo...@fusionone.com>
Subject RE: [VFS] Execute operation on a FileObject
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:36:52 GMT
>On remote server? ... Huh, this is not possible even with jdic. You
need
>to have a look at the ssh (or maybe the rsh) protocol.
>For ssh you might be able to use the JSCH library you'll already have
if
>you use the sftp protocol.

>If the remote server is a windows server and you have none of the above
>daemons installed you'll be out of luck.

I used already wagon (it's also uses JSCH library) for putting the files
on remote server and execute there commands but I looked at VFS and I
liked it.
If VFS through JSCH can perform the operations with the files that would
be great. For now I can still use wagon.

>No, but it should be easy to strip the scheme (e.g. file://) from the
>string.

Yes, this is what I do from getFileObject().getUrl() but IMHO that it's
should be part of VFS.

Best regards,
                  Juri.

> My goal is to start shell scripts on remote server. Ok, I will take a
> look on the link you provided. Thanks.

On remote server? ... Huh, this is not possible even with jdic. You need
to have a look at the ssh (or maybe the rsh) protocol.
For ssh you might be able to use the JSCH library you'll already have if
you use the sftp protocol.

If the remote server is a windows server and you have none of the above
daemons installed you'll be out of luck.

>> Than get the filename of your fileObject
>>

> I know this is another question, but do you know if there any API for
> getting for example String of full path to the file (for example:
> drive:\folder\file)? What I see in version 1.0 that I can get only the
> string in VFS format but not the full path in File object or String
> object.

No, but it should be easy to strip the scheme (e.g. file://) from the
string.

Ciao,
Mario