commons-user mailing list archives

From nusa <setianus...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Design issue : how to replace ftp
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 19:31:54 GMT

Hi,

I was given a task to replace an existing application which uses FTPClient
to send a file from one server to another one. The main reason for
replacemtn
is because we want to close the port that is currently use by that ftp. In
the future only port 80 will be opened. It means, I need to think about how
to use http protocol for sending the data.

The current application is not only to ftp a file, but it creates dir and
subdir on the destination server. How can I achieve that using http
protocol ? Is this a good idea using http ? Or any a better one ?

Thanks for your suggestions.