commons-user mailing list archives

From "Neil Benn" <neil.b...@ziath.com>
Subject Re: Calling a method with JXPath
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2007 21:32:34 GMT
Hello,

      Thanks for the tip - I tried that but unfortunatly it does not work, I
still get the same problem.  The stack trace is now:

---

org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Invalid XPath:
'.[1]/getQuestion(.[1], \'lastname\')'. Syntax error after: '.[1]/g'
	org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.Parser.parseExpression(Parser.java:60)
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.compileExpression(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:218)
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.getValue(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:247)

---

  It is the same problem.  Interestingly I did try putting a list into the
JXContext and calling size as follows:

List objValues = new ArrayList<String>();
objValues.add("test1");
objValues.add("test2");
JXPathContext objContext = JXPathContext.newContext(objValues);
System.out.println(objContext.getValue("size(.)"));
assertEquals("test1", objContext.getValue(".[1]"));

  This works, it prints out 2 for the size of the list.  I wonder if it is
because the method I am calling has parameters?  In the meantime, I'm gonna
trawl trhough the testcases in the source to see if I can find an example.

  Thanks for your assistance.

Cheers,

Neil

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jxpath/users-guide.html#Standard_Extension_Functions

> Hope this helps,
>
> -Scott Heaberlin
>
> On 3/3/07, Neil Benn <neil.benn@ziath.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> >             I have a a strane problem when I'm trying to call a method
with
> > JXPath.  The object graph has a user which has a method called
> > getQuestion(String pstrQuestionID).  The JXPath I have written for this
is:

> > .[1]/getQuestion(\'lastname\')
> >

> >             The dot at the front is notation to allow me to access the
first
> > element, the root of the context is a list.  However when I attempt to run
> > this I get the following stack trace :
> >

> > org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Invalid XPath:
> > '.[1]/getQuestion(\'lastname\')'. Syntax error after: '.[1]/g'
> > org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.Parser.parseExpression(Parser.java:60)

org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.compileExpression(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:218)

org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.getValue(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:247)

> >             However as far as I can see, the XPath notation is valid – I
> would
> > be most grateful is someone could let me know what I've done wrong.
> >

> >             Thanks, in advance for your help.
> >

> > Cheers,
> >

> > Neil
> >

> > ---