commons-user mailing list archives

From "Neil Benn" <neil.b...@ziath.com>
Subject Calling a method with JXPath
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 19:20:05 GMT
Hello,

            I have a a strane problem when I’m trying to call a method with
JXPath.  The object graph has a user which has a method called
getQuestion(String pstrQuestionID).  The JXPath I have written for this is:

.[1]/getQuestion(\'lastname\')

            The dot at the front is notation to allow me to access the first
element, the root of the context is a list.  However when I attempt to run
this I get the following stack trace :

org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Invalid XPath:
'.[1]/getQuestion(\'lastname\')'. Syntax error after: '.[1]/g'
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.Parser.parseExpression(Parser.java:60)
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.compileExpression(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:218)
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.getValue(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:247)

            However as far as I can see, the XPath notation is valid – I would
be most grateful is someone could let me know what I’ve done wrong.

            Thanks, in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Neil

---