commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] enabling/disabling logging for var assignments
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:30:27 GMT
On 3/26/07, Nestor Urquiza <nestoru@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> In a concurrent environment like a web application it
> is of a tremendous important to get the Session Id
> together with any log trace.
>
> I am not sure how this requirement fits in the actual
> model but I would say that given the fact an executor
> defines uniquely a State Machine status at any time it
> is the executor the one that ideally should carry an
> identifier.
>
> I would allow that identifier to be accessible with
> getter/setter methods. That way one can decide to set
> the exec#id with the session Id and later that memeber
> could be used to be output as part of the current var,
> assign traces.

<snip/>

Makes sense, can imagine it will make mining easier. Could you open an
enhancement request in the Commons SCXML issue tracker [1]? Thanks.

> Also as another suggestion I used for the traces for
> my personal solution something like:
> Var.baseServiceUrlWAP=
> Assign.baseServiceUrlWAP=http://usa-apptest.buongiorno.com/waptools/
>
> I see in the commons-scxml release is used:
> <var>: Defined variable 'baseServiceUrlWAP' with
> initial value ''
> <assign>: Set variable 'baseServiceUrlWAP' to
> 'http://usa-apptest.buongiorno.com/waptools/'
>
> I see the first one less verbose and still saying the
> same.

<snap/>

Yes, but this is so subjective that its perhaps best to not change
anything at all. The brevity of the suggested log format comes at the
expense of being able to get the hang of the pseudo-language in there
(not that its hard to understand).

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/scxml/issue-tracking.html