commons-user mailing list archives

Subject CompositeConfiguration and file reloading
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:10:15 GMT
I'm wondering if this is a known issue or if it's something that might be
addressed in the near future.
I have set up 2 AbstractFileConfigurations, one of them with a
FileChangedReloadingStrategy with a refreshDelay of whatever.  The other
one uses properties from the first one.
    file2:${} Doe
I then add both configurations to a CompositeConfiguration.  If I get the property from the CompositeConfiguration I get "John Doe".
I then make a change to the configuration that has a reload strategy
setting I get the from the
CompositeConfiguration and I get "Jane", but if I get the
property, I still get "John Doe".
The only way I can get the to switch to "Jane Doe" is if I set
up file2 with a reload strategy and save it with a different timestamp,
then it picks up the change from the first file.  I would think that the
composite configuration should handle the property replacement and I would
only need to change the first file.
Am I missing something to make sure that happens, or is this a known