commons-user mailing list archives

From "DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU" <MATHIEU.DECAFFMA...@fortis.lu>
Subject RE: [Configuration] Where to store the config ?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:20:54 GMT
Thank u !
Something still confuses me though ...

I have a factory (configfactory.xml) which contains the path to the
applciation configuration (ApplicationConfig.xml) :

<configuration>
	<xml fileName="ApplicationConfig.xml"/>
</configuration>

So I don't think I can put a path in the classpath since the path is
specified in my factory configuration .

__________________________________

   Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: cimballi.cimballi@gmail.com [mailto:cimballi.cimballi@gmail.com]
On Behalf Of Cimballi
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:06 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [Configuration] Where to store the config ?

*****  This message comes from the Internet Network *****

Hi,

Configuration files should be stored outside your archive, which means
outside the web application folders in order to be able to redeploy a
new version without overriding configuration files. So, you should put
your configuration files (the one which can change in the production
environment, not the one which never change) in a folder outside your
web application folders, and you add this folder to your classpath.

HTH,

Cimballi

On 3/21/07, DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU <MATHIEU.DECAFFMAYER@fortis.lu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a factory config in a java package "ress"
>
> <configuration>
>                 <xml fileName="ApplicationConfig.xml"/>
> </configuration>
>
> My Configuration file ApplicationConfig.xml is in the same package.
>
> The problem is that I allow a user to modify the configuration via a
JSP