commons-user mailing list archives

From Cimballi <>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Where to store the config ?
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:05:51 GMT

Configuration files should be stored outside your archive, which means
outside the web application folders in order to be able to redeploy a
new version without overriding configuration files. So, you should put
your configuration files (the one which can change in the production
environment, not the one which never change) in a folder outside your
web application folders, and you add this folder to your classpath.