commons-user mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <gert.vanthie...@skynet.be>
Subject [net] FTPClient.listFiles stalls...
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:09:23 GMT

L.S.,

I'm using Apache ServiceMix's FTP component, which uses commons net
FTPClient classes internally to poll for files on an FTP server.  After a
while, the polling threads lock up with the stacktrace mentioned below: I'm
trying to solve this issue.  What can be the cause of this lockup and how
can I avoid this?  Is there a way to specify a time-out on this operation?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen

Stack trace:
   java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)
   java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:384)
   java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:450)
   java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:421)

org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient._openDataConnection_(FTPClient.java:502)

org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.initiateListParsing(FTPClient.java:2390)

org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.initiateListParsing(FTPClient.java:2364)
   org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.listFiles(FTPClient.java:2141)

org.apache.servicemix.ftp.FtpPollerEndpoint.pollFileOrDirectory(FtpPollerEndpoint.java:211)

org.apache.servicemix.ftp.FtpPollerEndpoint.pollFileOrDirectory(FtpPollerEndpoint.java:203)

org.apache.servicemix.ftp.FtpPollerEndpoint.poll(FtpPollerEndpoint.java:78)