commons-user mailing list archives

From "Steven Keens" <ke...@pcigeomatics.com>
Subject [VFS] Monitor interface change - possible improvement
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:17:42 GMT

Here's my use case - I want to listen to a subset of the files within a
folder.  To do so with VFS I have to filter the events within my
FileListener.

I think it would be better that the FileMonitor interface accept a
FileSelector in the add() and remove() function rather than a
FileObject.  By passing a file object I don't have as fine a control
over what is being monitored.  For backwards compatibility the existing
add() and remove() functions could be kept for a while and marked
deprecated.

Cheers,
--
Steven