commons-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [validator] how can I validate wsdl files?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 22:15:26 GMT
You don't need XFire to get WSDL4J - its a SF project here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wsdl4j

Most if not all Java code that reads WSDL 1.x uses it - including
Apache Axis1 and Axis2, Apache WSIF, XFire, etc.

Yes you are right that WSDL4J can be used to do validation. But it
doesn't actually validate in itself. It just parses. Of course if
there is a really bad error it will spot it, but it doesn't check
that, for example, a referenced binding really exists.

That is what the Eclipse code does. The Eclipse code uses WSDL4J under
the covers.

Paul

PS I'm one of the original authors of WSDL4J and the spec lead.

On 3/9/07, Paul J DeCoursey <paul@decoursey.net> wrote:
> Xfire uses wsdl4j...
> this might help.
> http://www.vorburger.ch/blog1/2006/07/wsdl-validation-with-wsdl4j.html
>

> Mark Webb wrote:
> > I have played with XFire, just not to validate and parse wsdl files.
> >
> > On 3/9/07, Paul J DeCoursey <paul@decoursey.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Have you checked out xFire?

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle