commons-user mailing list archives

From daniel steel <sec...@yahoo.com>
Subject DBCP and databse url
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:23:02 GMT
hi all,
    i am using dbcp - connection pooling with tomcat 5.i am defining  my database credentials
and daatabse name in my context file.

  but for some of the queries, we need to refer to another database for  reference and i could
not find any documentation on how to change the  database once conenction pool is established.

  for eg..when pool is started the connections connect to database  helloworld and 95 % of
the queries run against it. but for 5% of  queries i have to connect to database test and
i do not how to change  the database on the fly.

  could any one please let me know on this?

  thanks
  dan

It's here! Your new message!