commons-user mailing list archives

From Nestor Urquiza <nest...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] enabling/disabling logging for var assignments
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:56:36 GMT
Hi Rahul,

In a concurrent environment like a web application it
is of a tremendous important to get the Session Id
together with any log trace.

I am not sure how this requirement fits in the actual
model but I would say that given the fact an executor
defines uniquely a State Machine status at any time it
is the executor the one that ideally should carry an
identifier.

I would allow that identifier to be accessible with
getter/setter methods. That way one can decide to set
the exec#id with the session Id and later that memeber
could be used to be output as part of the current var,
assign traces.

Also as another suggestion I used for the traces for
my personal solution something like:
Var.baseServiceUrlWAP=
Assign.baseServiceUrlWAP=http://usa-apptest.buongiorno.com/waptools/

I see in the commons-scxml release is used:
<var>: Defined variable 'baseServiceUrlWAP' with
initial value ''
<assign>: Set variable 'baseServiceUrlWAP' to
'http://usa-apptest.buongiorno.com/waptools/'

I see the first one less verbose and still saying the
same.

Thanks!

-Nestor

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/SCXML/Tutorials/Logging#preview