commons-user mailing list archives

From "O'Connor, Daniel" <>
Subject Commons validator default validation
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 17:57:39 GMT
Hi There,

I'm using commons-validator 1.3.0 and I'd like to be able to apply a
default validation rule to all the fields of a form bean.

For example, what I'd like to be able to do is have a dynaValidatorForm
(myForm) which could be validated like so:

<form name="myForm">
<field property="foo" depends="bar">

	<field property="others" depends="mask">

So, if I had specific validation requirements for one field ( let's say
I knew it was number under 40 ) and just general validation for the
rest, I could specify it as above where the other fields in the form
bean would be validated according to the rules specified by "others".

Is there any way I can do this??

Thanks a lot,