commons-user mailing list archives

From elcin haktanir <elcin.hakta...@oksijen.com>
Subject [Configuration] DBConfiguration consumes my scarce resources
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:39:39 GMT

Why doesn't

**org.apache.commons.configuration.DatabaseConfiguration

always accesses to DB whenever i access for a value?

I very much like to have a cachable DBConfiguration and also a DBReloading strategy can be
attached to it..

I didn't like commons-configuration for this non-cachable reason..

It is ok for PropertiesConfiguration.

******PropertiesConfiguration****
 **propertyConfiguration = new PropertiesConfiguration(PROPERTY_FILE);
**FileChangedReloadingStrategy fileStrategy = new FileChangedReloadingStrategy();
fileStrategy.setRefreshDelay(60000);
propertyConfiguration.setReloadingStrategy(fileStrategy);

but it will be much more beatufil if i can set a reoladingStrategy for DbConfiguration either..