commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Shifman <mark.shif...@yale.edu>
Subject Re: DBCP and databse url
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:41:29 GMT
Why don't you just create a second connection pool and grab the one
datasource or the other
as needed? I have a couple of datasources defined in my context and it
works fine.
mas

daniel steel wrote:
> hi all,
>     i am using dbcp - connection pooling with tomcat 5.i am defining  my database credentials
and daatabse name in my context file.

>   but for some of the queries, we need to refer to another database for  reference and
i could not find any documentation on how to change the  database once conenction pool is
established.

>   for eg..when pool is started the connections connect to database  helloworld and 95
% of the queries run against it. but for 5% of  queries i have to connect to database test
and i do not how to change  the database on the fly.

>   could any one please let me know on this?
>
>   thanks
>   dan

> It's here! Your new message!

 Mark Shifman MD. Ph.D.