commons-user mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <>
Subject Re: a few questions about commons-cli
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:45:14 GMT
On 3/15/07, Jan Hnatek <> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm new to this list and I have few questions about commons-cli.
> First, I get 404 when trying to access the archive
> <>
> of this list, so I may
> have questions that were already answered here. Sorry for that.
> I'm using commons-cli 1.0 with GnuParser and I hit following issue:
> and so I'm curious about the development status of commons-cli.
> Is there any chance this issue will get fixed?

Torsten just mailed commons-dev to see about building some momentum
for a 1.0.1 or 1.1 release. That's the first activity in a year (since
I did a bit of cleanup and Andrew Shirley was uploading patches and

That issue is now at:

> I noticed there's org.apache.commons.cli2 package in the SVN,
> which is not part of the version 1.0. What is the purpose of this package?
> In case it's an implementation of a new version of cli, is there any
> documentation available for it?

CLI underwent a rewrite a few years back and then activity died. So
we've a 1.0 that needs some bugs applied, and an unreleased 2.0 that
seems to have fans but has a lot of open issues against it (probably
because a bunch of 1.x ones have been resolved as wontfix because 2.0
fixes them with a redesign).

All a bit of a mess.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: