commons-user mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Re: [Commons-Logging] Log4JLogger does not implement Log exception
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 04:51:58 GMT

---- nikem <> wrote:
> Hi.
> I've the "Log4JLogger does not implement Log" exception and found in
> Commons-Logging FAQ that I should post about this problem here. So here
> are the details.

Thank you for taking time to post.

> I run ant script which amount other thinks at some point of time calls
> <ant file="other.xml" target="ivy" inheritAll="false"/>
> This calls the ivy[1] target. And here I recieve aforementioned
> exception. Full stacktrace of ant -v is attached.
> Apache Ant version 1.6.5 compiled on July 1 2006
> java version "1.5.0_10"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_10-b03)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_10-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
> Any help will be appreciated.
> [1]

The most important question is: what version of commons-logging is present?

Please search your classpath for "commons-logging*". Hopefully you will find only one copy,
but it's worth checking.

Then open the jarfile and look in META-INF/MANIFEST.MF for the version-number, eg:
 Implementation-Version: 1.0.4

If this is less than 1.1.1 (and it probably will be) then please download the 1.1.1 version
from the apache site and replace the existing jarfile with it.

If this fixes the problem, then that is useful information for us, and particularly for other
JCL users.

If this does NOT fix the problem, and you are quite sure that there are no other old copies
of commons-logging in the classpath then this is *very* interesting, and I (at least) will
be interested in fixguring out what's happening for your setup.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message