commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mirko STEINLE" <Mirko.Stei...@hcuge.ch>
Subject [betwixt] Inheritence of binding configuration via xml files
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:25:14 GMT
Dear all,

We are considering to using betwixt for a large scale development project. We are having a
fairly important number of Beans all belonging to a hierarchical structure with one root bean.

We would like to configure the bean->XML mapping using (multi-mapping)betwixt files. It
is crucial, that we can reuse definitions made for some class  for their subclasses. This
includes hiding a standard set of properties, naming of some shared properties, etc. Or, as
an earlier message on the dev-list suggested, to inherit properties defined explicitly ( see:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200405.mbox/%3CF369B5B779D1794FB19653920D62D3BD39E949@kossuth.synygy.net%3E
).

After several hours of search and trial, we couldn't find a way to achieve this with XML configuration
files without making use of programming, which might be difficult to maintain.

Any hint is greatly appreciated,

Mirko Steinle
HUG
Direction d'informatique de gestion