commons-user mailing list archives

From "Neil Benn" <neil.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Collection usage in JXPath commons
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2007 23:52:27 GMT
Hello,

        I'm sorry to ask such a basic question but I have a use case where I
receive a collection and want to access an element of that collection.  I've
tried several methods to get to an elements, iindexing and calling methods
but to no avail.  The curretn thing I'm trying is this :

    public void testJXContext(){
        List<String> objTest = new ArrayList<String>();
        objTest.add("test1");
        objTest.add("test2");

        JXPathContext objContext = JXPathContext.newContext(objTest);
        System.out.println(objContext.getValue("[1]"));
    }

However that give eme stack trace of :

org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Invalid XPath: '[1]'. Syntax
error at the beginning of the expression
    at org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.Parser.parseExpression(Parser.java:60)
    at
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.compileExpression(
JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:218)
    at org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.getValue(
JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:247)
    at
com.ziath.eventregistration.email.test.EMailFormatterTest.testJXContext(
EMailFormatterTest.java:18)
    <snip>

This is being run through JUnit executing via eclipse.

Could someone be so kind as to let me know what the syntaz should be here to
get it to work?

Thanks, in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Neil