commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Re: format of state content in external file?
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:28:43 GMT
On 2/14/07, Wolfgang Frech <Wolfgang.Frech@iteratec.de> wrote:
> Thank you Rahul,
>
> This explains it.
>
> My misunderstanding was about the identity of (top level) state of the
> included state machine..
> I thought it was treated as the _same_ state as the state in the
> including state machine, that has the src attribute.
> The example in the Working Draft can be read like this, alas, this is
> not about the WD.

<snip/>

Based on the clarification I've recently received, it so turns out
that the Commons SCXML implementation is actually a step ahead of the
WD in this respect ;-) It also seems that WD++ will render SCXML-37
invalid, but lets wait to see it before we make that conclusion.

> Example - before extraction
>
> <scxml ... initialstate="enclosed">
>   <state id="enclosed">
>   <!-- the following content should be extracted -->
>     <transition event="foo" target="enclosed"/>
>    <transition event="bar" target="other"/>
>   <!-- -->
>   </state>
>  <state id="other"/>
> </scxml>
>

> Example - after extraction - enclosing machine
>
> <scxml ... initialstate="enclosed">
>   <state id="enclosed" src="external"/>
> </scxml>
>
> Example - after extraction - enclosed machine
>
> <scxml initialstate="_inserted">
>   <state _inserted>
>       <transition event="foo" target="enclosed"/>
>       <transition event="bar" target="other"/>
>    </state>
> </scxml>
>

> Lets compare the behavior:
>
> before extraction:
> initial: enclosed -- foo -- enclosed -- bar -- other
>
> after extraction
> initial: -_inserted (parent: enclosed) -- foo --_inserted (parent:
> enclosed) -- bar -- other
>
> Or one might switch the IDs of enclosed and _inserted...
>

> Am I on the right track?
<snap/>

Yes, thats correct.

-Rahul

> Anyone interested in this kind of refactoring and decomposition rules?
>

> Regards
> Wolfgang

<snip/>