commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "SCXML/FrequentlyAskedQuestions" by WolfgangFrech
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 15:27:10 GMT
Cross-posting since reply-to goes to dev, but probably a user list
question. If this thread continues, please pick a single list.

On 2/6/07, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-commons Wiki" for change
notification.

> The following page has been changed by WolfgangFrech:
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/SCXML/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
>
> The comment on the change is:
> Deleted previous addition. Sorry, does not work.  Still looking for a way.

>   However, this has been implemented in trunk, so with the next release of Commons SCXML
the SCXMLExecutor instances will be Serializable. Listeners and other associated user-supplied
bits are expected to be Serializable.

a <parallel> element into an external file? ====
> -
> - Use the initialstate attribute of the scxml element in the external file, and delete
the initial pseudostate element with the transition to the initial substate.
> -
> - Example definition before extraction:
> - {{{
> - ...
> - <parallel>
> -   <state id="a">
> -   <initial>
> -     <transition target="a.initial"/>
> -   </initial>
> -   <state id="a.initial>
> -   ...
> - }}}
> -
> - Example definition after extraction:
> - {{{
> - ...
> - <parallel>
> -   <state id="a" src="a.scxml">
> - }}}
> -
> - Extracted definition:
> - {{{
> - ...
> - <scxml
> -  ...
> -  initialstate="a.initial">
> -   <state id="a">
> -     <state id="a.initial">
> -     ...
<snip/>

where a.scxml is:

<scxml ... initialstate="a.initial">
    <state id="a.initial">

and any <onentry> and <onexit> from the original state with id "a"
will have to be assimilated into the initial and final state(s) in
a.scxml.

-Rahul

> - }}}
> -
> - Ellipsis ... marks omitted elements or attributes.
> -
> - Reason for this entry: I found it a bit confusing that there are two ways to express
"initiality" of a (sub-)state, one by declaring initialstate, one by adding an operation,
that is an unconditional initial transition.  This is even more confusing during the "extract"
refactoring, because I had to switch from the operational to the declarative method.